Instagram is one of the most common names among the social networking sites. It is a mobile phone Android application and allows you to share photos and videos publically as well as privately; and not just on Instagram, but also to other social networks. Instagram was launched in 2010 as a free application, and got popular within days with around a hundred million active users in 2012 and 300 million users by December 2014. Seeing its rapid fame, Facebook Inc. purchased Instagram for about 1 billion dollars.
Instagram is a very exciting photo and video sharing application, using which, you can freely share your photos and videos with captions and tags; and your followers can see your profile and comment, like and share the posts you upload. There’s, though, no option to download photos or videos from Instagram, plus, the maximum length of a video you upload can be one minute.
It is up to you who can see your profile and photos – if you have a private account, only your followers will be able to see your stuff, otherwise, you can keep your profile public for everyone. Instagram is a very simple application, you just have to download it and create your account, and then you are all set to share your photos and videos with your friends. Along with the profiles, you can also create pages on Instagram for different purposes, such as, a photography page or a page to promote an organization or a brand.
Instagram has become so much famous and trendy that even celebrities are using it and this is in fact a very beautiful thing for the fans. Instagram is helping to create a more visual and stronger bond between fans and celebs. Celebrities share their photos, experience of their lives, upcoming sports events, or movie trailers and, in return, fans give their feedback through the comments.
Instagram also has a built in feature of filters and editing, so that, you may improve the layout of your photo and make them attractive and eye-catching.
Express Yourself and Connect With Friends
* Add photos and videos to your INSTA story that disappear after 24 hours, and bring them to life with fun creative tools.
* Message your friends in Direct. Start fun conversations about what you see on Feed and Stories.
* Post photos and videos to your feed that you want to show on your profile.
Learn More About Your Interests
* Check out IGTV for longer videos from your favorite INSTA creators.
* Get inspired by photos and videos from new INSTA accounts in Explore.
* Discover brands and small businesses, and shop products that are relevant to your personal style.